Dr. Konzer Will Accept New Patients Beginning June 1st, 2019
Dr. Konzer will return from maternity leave on June 1st, 2019, and will again accept new patients. Her office hours will stand as follows:
Monday – Thursday:
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
(The office will close between 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM for lunch.)
Fridays (Office Staff Only):
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Hello and Welcome to Konzer Psychiatric, PC!
Dr. Konzer is now accepting new patients (children, adolescents, and adults up to age 60). Please see the About Us page for more information regarding Dr. Konzer’s philosophy, specialties, and practice. Dr. Konzer sees patients for psychiatric assessment, medication management and may also be available to provide ongoing therapeutic services as well. She will gladly work in collaboration with your other physicians and your therapist if you choose.
- Initial assessments generally consist of 1-3 consecutive visits that will be split between the patient and, if applicable, his/her parents. During those first 1-3 sessions, Dr. Konzer will review your current medical records and could possibly also request additional information including previous patient records, and/or interview spouses, family members, peers, and teachers if permission is granted by the patient. For children & adolescents, Dr. Konzer will also assess the emotional, cognitive, educational, physical, genetic, developmental, family, peer, and social components of the patient’s presenting problem.
- The last visit in the assessment process will be used to review the presenting diagnosis and the recommended treatment plan. The treatment plan may or may not include medication. If all parties are agreeable, a long-term patient/doctor relationship will be established.
- Should you be in active treatment with a therapist prior to initiating an evaluation with Dr. Konzer, she will coordinate treatment with that therapist and you.
- New patients do not need a referral unless otherwise stated by your insurance carrier.
Please note that I DO NOT:
- Accept any insurance as this is a fee for service practice.
- Prescribe benzodiazepines (including Xanax, Valium, Ativan, and Klonopin) on a long-term basis and may suggest that you eventually taper and discontinue these medications.
- Provide assessments for Social Security or disability/disability insurance, child custody cases, forensic evaluations or those that are court ordered or mandated.
- Perform Neuropsychological or Psychoeducational testing
- Prescribe Suboxone, Methadone or other Substance Abuse Treatments
- Often, I will not prescribe stimulant medication (Adderall, Ritalin, etc) unless appropriate diagnostic testing has previously been done and I am able to review it.
Forms to Fill Out Before Your First Visit with Dr. Konzer
Please print and fill out all the forms under, “For ALL Patients”. Then please print and fill out the form that most closely relates to the nature of your visit, either a general patient or an athlete.